Eagle Ridge Guidelines
The main purpose of these guidelines is to develop a country residential neighbourhood that can grow in harmony with the environment and the natural beauty of our surrounding area.
The following guidelines reflect the requirements for development and do not take precedence over municipal bylaws governing lot or building development.
- Building permits must be obtained from the Rural Municipality of Canwood #494
(306-468-2014) prior to any construction - this applies to cottages, decks, docks, boat houses or any outbuildings.
- Once the construction phase starts (digging of the foundation or basement) the exterior must be 90% completed within 18 months from that start date.
- Only 1 dwelling per lot.
- All cottages/homes must have a minimum ground floor space of 800 sq ft.
- Only RTMs or buildings of new construction may be moved onto a site. Relocated residences, portable or mobile homes are strictly prohibited.
- Campers may not be made permanent through the removal of axels and/or wheels or placed on permanent foundations.
- The Purchaser will be responsible for constructing and maintaining lot approaches and driveways and also for installing culverts in approaches which may hinder natural water flow.
- Underground power and telephone are provided to your property line. Natural gas is pending. Owners must provide their own water and sewer systems.
- Owners of the individual lots are responsible for the cost of installing power and telephone to their dwelling from the access at the main road.
- Sewage disposal on each lot shall be by means of a holding tank. Installation and hook up will be the responsibility of the Purchaser with installation completed by a contractor approved by the Prince Albert Parkland Health Region and the Developer. Out houses are strictly prohibited.
- There shall not be any discharge of any water from any drain within any building unless the discharge is into a sewage holding tank.
- A privacy shelter from the neighbouring lots must have a minimum width of 10ft consisting of reserved trees or replaced with foliage of choice.
- Fences are discouraged but are allowed up to a maximum height of 4 feet and must be aesthetically appealing.
- A maximum of 50% of trees may be removed from each lot.
- All season living! The RM of Canwood will maintain the access road year round. Snow removal and grading are provided to your property line.
- A public boat launch will be provided. Lake access is available through roadways or public reserve areas. - Seasonal docks (which must be removed in the fall) are permitted, provided they conform with government regulations. Permits are required.
- Metal waste bins are available on the subdivision for household waste. The local landfill is also accessible to all landowners.
- Waste, garbage, or refuse shall not be dumped, placed, or stored on any lot or common area.
- Property taxes are set by the RM of Canwood #494. You may contact the RM at 306-468-2014.
- Police and medical assistance are available in Big River which is 46 km from Eagle Ridge Development, Shellbrook which is 65 km or in Prince Albert which is 100 km away.